Abby Lee

Check back here periodically for updates and pictures of Abby and her proud parents.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

 

Grammy & Grandpa









Soon after visiting Michigan, Abigail was extremely lucky to have her other grandparents come for a visit. They flew in on a Monday morning. Abigail and I were at the airport right on time to pick them up. Unfortunately they were an hour late, someone on their plane had puked and Grandpa had chocolate milk spilled on them. On top of all of that their luggage was soaking wet from a storm up at JFK. The storm had occurred when their baggage was being switched from plane to plane. Craziness...this led to soaking wet backs. As Abby and I sat at the baggage claim waiting and waiting because the computer screens didn't say that the flight was delayed, we watched a lot of people come down the escalator and none of them was Grammy or Grandpa. Abby finally got to the point that she needed to have her peg game just so that she would stay in the chair and wait for them. I finally found someone that could tell me that the flight was delayed, which was nice because I was concerned that we were in the wrong place. Approximately 1 hour later, Grammy and Grandpa came down the escalator. Abby shouted out "Grammy!" Mom was really pleased. The luggage wasn't too far behind which was good.

We gathered their bags and headed out to the car. Luckily I got a really good parking spot so we didn't have to walk to far. I figured since we were in town we could stop by a couple of places before we headed for home. Lunch was the first stop since it was now 1:00. We were all hungry. We drove across town and went to Champs. This is one of my favorite restuarants. I really like their California Chicken Wrap with waffle fries. Yummy!!! After lunch we went to Edward McCains, the awesome used book store ( we also lost Abby's sippy cup at this store), Total Wines, and World market. I love this store. We stocked up on some good wine for the week and headed for home. By the time that we got to the apartment it was hot and we were all tired. The rest of the afternoon was spent lazing around the place and I did some homework. Jason got home from work early and he made us chicken chimichangas for dinner. Sheridan came out to say hello to my folks and spend some time with us. She is just another member of the family. My parents 4th daughter. We laughed and talked about a bunch of stuff. I am really glad that she and my parents get along so well.

The next day Jason and I had to work. Abby got to spend the day with my parents. They went for a walk and hung out in the apartment for the most part. We had $5 pizza for dinner. Can't beat it. Good pizza, cheap price. We typically get this when ever someone comes into town to visit us. It is just easier that way. Abby had a good time with my parents. I know that my parents enjoyed her.



Wednesday wasn't all that much different from Tuesday except that our dinner on Wednesday was cooked by Ms. Hazel. It was the most amazing amount of food. Fried Chicken, Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, carrots, squash, green beans, lima beans, cantelope, rolls. I know that there was more, I just can't remember it. Dessert included hot fudge cake, blackberry dumplings, coconut pie, ice cream. It was really yummy. I was stuffed by the end of the night. We ate dinner and then just spent some time talking. By 7 PM we pleaded exhaustion and headed for home. We spent our evening talking as usual.

Thursday we actually spent some time together. Jason and I worked half the day and then came home. We gathered my parents and Jason kept his work stuff in the car so that he could work on the way into town. As I was driving the car into Durham so that we could go to the Life and Science Museum, I noticed that Jason didn't have any shoes on. "Did you bring shoes?" I asked. He said yes. The drive to the Museum was uneventful. I pulled into the parking lot and was looking for a spot when Jason said "You have got to be kidding me!" I looked over and he was looking at the shoes that he had brought. They were Chacos...black...sandals...and both for the right foot. He had grabbed one of mine and one of his. They are the same size. I looked at him and couldn't believe it. So we pulled back out onto the road to go to the mall. All the while it hasn't really dawned on me that I am going to have to go buy him shoes because he can't go into the mall to buy it himself because he doesn't have any shoes. So after I finally wrap my mind around that I find a parking spot and go into the payless shoes. Unfortunately for him all of his size shoes are really ugly. Fake leather loafers. Luckily for him I go one size up and find him some OK sandals that are semi presentable. I buy them and Dad and I speed walk back to the car. We finally get back to the museum. It is really hot but we are bound and determined that we are going to walk around and enjoy it. And we did. Our favorite part of the museum today was the butterfly house. It was a break from the heat and we got some really good pictures. After the musuem we decided to go to Tripps for dinner. We had never been before but Sue said that Julie & Kevin (Sue's roommate in college and her husband) loved this restuarant. This was a good enough recommendation for us so we decided to go. It was great food and our server was an older gentleman who hooked us up with some extra bread and sauce to take home with us. The drive home was short and we were soon back in the apartment laughing and talking. Ahh good times.


Friday morning Mom and Dad got up and ready to go. Their flight was at 11 so we were leaving the house at about 8:30. The drive was short and soon we were down in Raleigh at the Airport. Grammy and Grandpa were soon on their way back to Vermont. Apparently the flight was much better this time and they got home safely. I spent a little bit of time in town and then headed home to do some homework for my class. It was a great week. Thanks for coming to visit. We had a blast and so did Abby.

Comments:
I think it is funny that Abby and Dad both have their hands behind their backs. Who's imitating who?

You can't beat the $5 pizza and bread sticks. It was really good.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   October 2007   November 2007   January 2008   February 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   September 2008   October 2008   December 2008   January 2009   February 2009   March 2009   May 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   September 2010   October 2010   December 2010   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   October 2011   June 2012   September 2012   October 2012   November 2012   December 2012   February 2013   April 2013   September 2013   March 2015  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?